Thursday 19 March 2009

Puckering Up.

I have no idea where someone gets all these phrases from! Haha.

Still.

So I went to Klang, being a good kid and all, knowing that that was what God'd want me to do, although I had a choice, and although I knew I'd miss the Youth Encounter Homecoming AND Firebrands vs Dalat Falcons + PFL '09 Closing Ceremony.

The latter I felt the worst about missing out on: I was dying to go!

The first night away I was thinking a lot about missing it.

I badly wanted to go to Dalat on Tuesday night! Seriously!

Real badly.

I wanted to watch Firebrands against Dalat.

I wanted to be there for the closing ceremony, where everyone involved in PFL '09 would be.

I wanted to go.

Namun begitu, no one was willing to fetch me from Klang to Dalat. (400 km.. I don't blame them lol)

I spent Sunday and Monday well, including bugging Sonia, Kutu, Eulene (i think?) and Khai about Tuesday. Darn.

Tuesday itself I thought about the match all the more, and was introduced to the phrase 'pucker up' by James.

We shall skip to the part when I was in Cold Storage in MidValley Megamall, looking at all the interesting food..
..and constantly messaging Kutu about the match (I sincerely hope DiGi's SuperSMS works nationwide).

Then we (me, mom, mom's friend, aunt, uncle, cousin) walked around in The Gardens (mall adjacent to MidValley), and by then the match had started.
Or so I thought - Kutu suddenly stopped her messages so I messaged Sonia instead (she uses Maxis! darnnnnn gone la my credit), from whom I got a very steady stream of messages.

I was eating fish 'n' chips (didn't have a very good appetite for anything like nasi kandar or teppanyaki or chicken rice - I was still thinking too much about the match, hoping, praying) and still sms-ing Sonia like mad, waiting for update after update.

I was brimming/drowning with anticipation!

1st message from Sonia:
Currently 5-1 to dalat. I'm thinkin still 1st half. Ky is ref! Lol..just detailed report.
okay okay, still got hope! firebrands'll never give up :)

2nd message:
Half time. 5-1 everyone seems 2 b supporting firebrands.seems like everyone is here!
can survive can survive

Next message:
Goal 2 dalat. 6-1.
bronze?

Then:
Another goal. 7-1. Man that dalat lady is ganas
goodbye bronze.

[...]

Kutu:
10 to 1. Game ended.
next year, next year..

Pfft I know this post doesn't do enough justice to that night.

Sorry Kutu, I could not forget about the match!

I still enjoyed myself though.

Went to four Adidas stores on the same floor with my cousin.

I like Adidas more than Nike cuz Wei-Lynn, Sharon and Beverly like Nike.

The prices are horrible though.

No comments:

Post a Comment