Wednesday 24 June 2009

The Weirdest/Awesomest Recess Ever.

Okay before I start about what happened during Recess Revo...

...Eulene came up to me in the morning. There was still this letter she'd yet to give to the Pengetua. It's a belated teachers' day card-thingy from our CF.

So I teman-ed the fearless Eulene into the office in the morning (before perhimpunan) and we went into the Pengetua's room to give him the letter.

Eulene explained that it's a teachers' day card/letter thingy from our CF, so he took it and scanned it.

Scanned it for (what seemed to us like) a very long time, in silence, until finally he said, "Thank you." So we were like, "You're welcome, you're welcome." And off we went.

..

NOW. Recess Revo, upper forms.

I had a group of 10 fourth-formers for this Wed's meet. So once they all came, I told them that we'd be doing something similar to last week (giving certain teachers belated teachers' day cards).

Only this time we'd be giving students free drinks.

So I told them to buy a drink, pray and ask God who to give it to, and.. give!

Preferably not to their friends la, or else no point kan, if everyone just gives to their friends, then we're not impacting anyone outside our circle.

Pei was the first one to give. She gave it to Alya (from my class - I think she was sitting all alone, then Pei just went up and gave to her).

Then Julia gave to Preetem (form 3 indian guy). His friend next to him had a drink but he didn't.
Julia & Pei: We wanna give you this drink.
Preetem: ....Whyyy?
Julia & Pei: Cuz we wanna bless people.
So in the end he took the drink.

Leanne gave Joel.

Sharyn bought a bottled one for Pn Wong.

Not sure about the rest.

So ME right, I bought lor. And I seriously didn't know who to give it to.

First I tried a Malay guy prefect from my class, who bertugas at the canteen. He kept on saying he didn't want it, I said we just wanna make people happy, but he staunchly denied.

So I walked around, I couldn't see anyone to give to.

Then I saw this group of 3 Malay girls in their Kadet Bomba uniforms, 1 of them didn't have a drink.

So I thought, why not?

With reckless courage, I went up to the girls and gave the one the drink.

Me: Here, take this drink.
Her: ...................*stares at her friends* Why? No thanks.
Me: Cuz we wanna make people happy.
Her friend: *freaked out* What??
Me: We wanna bless people.
Them: *obviously freaked out* Okay, okay...

So I left. The girl was very apprehensive I think, but she drank it in the end la lol.

..

Well Pei said it was good, cuz it got us to come out of our comfort zones.

It really did.

1 comment: